Sunday, November 18, 2012

House Project: Kids' room and backyard color

Ok panic has stricken me.


I need to arrange for my budget and fund to be able to fulfill some of my dreams as well as the kids' dream. We bought this house, for its size, for the children. The house was bought to solve some of our current problems. So I need to ensure, we really solve our problem. Some extras added just because it is our dreams. Human dreams.. (Tapi rasa bersalah sekarang kerana while I am planning this, those kids in Gaza have bigger problems. Their house was bombed, occupied and taken away.. Arghhh!)


Anyway, (mode tutup mata cuba lupakan masalah dunia dan berbalik kepada ini dengan rasa yang still bersalah dan tak patut.. I promise this solution will be cheap ok and no extravaganza too much). InsyaAllah nanti kita sedekah ke tabung Gaza ya anak2..... Dah lama "kids project codename sedekah" ni terbantut. Dulu ada juga buat now apa pun tak buat dengan the kids. Next will be the kids project ok! InsyaAllah. Makbulkan dan rajinkan aku yaAllah, lapangkan masaku yaAllah.....



Aku ialah orang yang suka solve problem dengan duit dari melakukannya sendiri. Contoh, malas kemas rumah, hire part time maid. Malas buat props untuk shooting, aku beli props. Malas betulkan paip rumah, aku hire plumber... Ini ialah pengakuan.



So since sekarang aku harus lebih berhati2 dengan cara aku berbelanja (sebab duit dah habis beli rumah) maka it is time now for me to change. And step 1 is to DIY the painting.


Painting vs Wall paper.


Painting aku pernah buat tapi wallpaper aku tak pernah buat. Aku aware ada wall paper yang murah which is RM200 plus boleh cover 1 feature wall dah. But I think painting still cheap? Kalau buat 2 coat I mampu kot? Kalau wall paper, mampu ker aku nak join kan wall paper tu, nak lekat bagai supaya nampak cam pro? Aku rasa aku tak mampu, tak pandai dan memang tak sabar huhuhu....


Yang aku tak mampu ialah nak sand the wall kasik smooth, buat filling bagai, paint with base painting dan painting bercoat coat.... huhu.... But I will try. I have my father in my mind always about this. Bila pikir painting DIY, mesti muka dia muncul dalam otak kepala I. I know he has this talent of ketelitian dalam membuat sesuatu kerja, tapi nak susahkan dia, please lah kan?


Yang aku ada cuma weekend and I have about 3 weeks to finish this project if I want to move by end of December.. I have 3 bedrooms + backyard to paint. Tapi backyard is not priority, I can do that in my own sweet time. Memang gila punya deadline. Tapi deadline mana pernah yang sensible kan. Kalau sensible deadline memang pun akan jadik tak sensible. People works when they are rushed. Sometimes the quality is better sometimes it doesn't. Tengoklah project manager camner....I should be the efficient one coz I have never experienced bad project before yang orang semua cemuh. So I hope I can do the same with my personal project.


Tengok "The Apartment"? Haa.. nak mention. The head judge yang british tu kata "I like it that you blend the bathroom color with black. If it is too white it became clinical...and black is in" cam tulah bunyi nya.... Designer tu color the ceiling and part of the wall with black. So, I think my taste isn't bad for wanting black wall kan?




To save some $$$, I will try with 3 cans of 5litres of different color.

I plan to have green and yellow for baby dylan and baby am's room. They will be sharing the room as at now as Baby am will be sleeping with us anyway. So this will be their playroom and nap room.

DD already expressed her intention to have purple room. So Maybe I will use the soft purple as her feature wall, and the curtains will be dark purple. I hope it could works.





So here is the saving. For some reason DS wanting a purple room as well. I objected that as I think purple is not for a boy's room. Tapi sebab dia nangis guling2 nak gak, terpaksalah I ikutkan. So I plan to tone it down with green paints leftover from the babies playroom. Good idea kan? The above 2 pictures shows that when the 2 colors combined, regardless of which green, it still turns out well.


Chalkboard area

Another project that I like to do is the chalkboard area. I have not decided on where to do this. We have quite a wall, so maybe we can do this later. Anyway, it will not cover a big area a 5ltrs will do. That's the minimum we can buy anyway. One reservation is it would be messy, but I need a wall that could be functional for the kids to conteng2....I need 1 dedicated wall for them to express the urge to conteng the wall. If you have kids you know what I mean. hehehehe....




Backyard planning



Do you like blue? I don't. But just to be sure I do not like it, I have to paste the sample picture here.



But I love this. Oh so sweet.

 
This is the hotpink wall that I want! I love it. I don't care what my hubby will say. I will maintain it anyway and paint it so......please just like it and help to water the plant once in a while yeah!
 

I know mine is just about 10 feet of backyard. But I have to plan where to put the plant box for the herbs/kitchen garden. Already I have in mind of the outdoor laundry and outdoor kitchen. Though it is not for immediate execution, I just need to plan it first.

It would be nice if I can organize it like the above. So so nice.


Thanks to all blogger and owner of all pictures I put here for my aspirations. You all have done a great job!








No comments:

Post a Comment