Saturday, November 3, 2012

House Project : Landscape

Lama tak cerita pasal project rumah.

reason being? CF tak dapat lagi so kunci pun tak dapat lagi.


anyway, today we went to Bukit Beruntung side, batang kali to be exact for my husband's colleague wedding.

My husband has only worked for this company 6 mths but we have attended 3 weddings so far. While me, about 2 years of working, dapat lebih kurang 5 jemputan tapi satu pun tak pergi. I only bought hadiah for them. So rajin my husband tu kan.... I pun kena jadi wife mithali ikut sajalah.....


Of the 3, i actually felt this one is the most honest, original, simple, humble and so happy for the family for it. The other 2 buat di heart of KL, di dewan. Satu pengantin tu actually wear western wedding costume. Satu lagi ada live band and all the yang terkini wedding style...and ada booth for dessert....cendol etc.


This one, bapa dia sudah tiada, yang ramai aku nampak kawan2 sekolah/kerja... kata org, jemputannya ramai orang muda. masa kenduri pengantin aku di Singapore dulu, my hubby wasnt popular kot, so org gelar kenduri kami, kenduri orang-orang perempuan...sbb ramai kawan mak mertua aku.

Makanannya simple, goodiesnya sangat simple, yang paling aku suka homemade kerepek ubi. Meja pengantin tak ada expensive silverware, so i really feel at home... it is nice sometimes to keep it simple and humble like that. yang penting dah sah kan?


On the way to the wedding, i saw a nursery so I asked my husband to stop by during our journey back. Turn out that was a good decision. It's my first visit to nursery actually. And I suka my first visit wasnt turn bad.


Tapi maafkan saya, I forgotten the name but it was on the left side of the main road if you come from KL. and it was quite big in my opinion.


The landscaper was nice. Muka dia macam cina but they way he described macam indonesian. He said he is not. I would love to have him design my garden because he got my idea and he understand all the plants that I described to him... taulah i ni, tak kosa nak ingat nama tumbuhan... nama ubat anak pun tak semua ingat camner kan...i suka bila dia explain details and address my concerns. macam, to my question do they have warranty for the plants I bought, he said, they only sell plants that are stable and mature. bukan baru tanam so chances to survive is high. and to my question on the tree with layers, which he terus jawab, bucida trees, (oh ok so that is the name) , i said why some go upward while some nicely layered... he said, it is actually an effort to make it upward...if it is planted side by side it will make a very good design... ohhh ok... i never appreciate it before.


The owner is a malay lady. she is not as 'explanatory' as the landscaper but she did show me some pictures. I was telling her my budget is only 1k. The picture she showed me was with a budget of 150k..... The cheapest is 15k.


However, i like it when she didn't shot me down with the budget. That encourages me further to ask her. Love it that they could offer design foc if i buy plants with them. they wd recommend where to plant rather than me trying to be the landscaper huhu... So I have to get her visit my site, come back and she would recommend plants that I need.

Lagi satu, i love it that she offers maintenance. but with a fees. MYR180 per worker per day....but to Pajam, much more expensive.



Plants that i love to buy there are:
a. for my backyard - lemon tree (they have planted it for 2 years...surviving well under direct sun wd be nice to have it in the backyard.), i love the jambu air, ciku siam ( but i might not go for it. tak berapa suka makan ciku), the rest i think i can get foc from my dad, so kiv dulu..
b. for the 2 big vase that i plan to put at my main door, aiseh, i forgotten what it is called, but the whole family including hubby agrees to it. so it become clear now what concept we are going to have for the front yard.... i love bourgainvilla, but i might put in as a planter box now..i still want it in the front balcony
c. i am going to stick with bucida as at now. will plant this near the alternative gate. ahh wd be nice. they said 10 ft space is ok. just trim it. they have many customers with 10 ft side space planted with bucida...


1 bucida yang matured berharga MYR800...so i will have to buy babies lucida then to keep my budget low.


I am not going to spend 5k for this. so lets just have the necessities first.

 see the trim ones, the leaves are pointed up...


credit to the internet pictures and the-malaysia-project blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment