Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kids : Reading project

I have decided that 2013 will be the year to "continue" developing and nurturing the kids. No more focusing on career. 

For the record, I did try homeschooling them when I was a full time housewife back in Singapore. At that time DD was 5 years old and DS is 3 years old. It was still easy at that time. I just have to be creative that was all.

For the record and to show how kiasu I was "once upon a time", DD was enrolled to swimming class at 8 mths old up to 2 years old ker 3 years old. 

DD was also enrolled in Gymboree class when she was merely 6 mths old.

DD was also in Al-Amin weekend madrasah @ tampines at 3 years old kot or was it 4 years? Tak silap 4 years dia dah masuk PPIS @ Bukit Batok.

She went to ballet class for 3 years and get her intermediate certificate. And then we stopped when she was in standard 2 tak silap.

She was also enrolled in personal home (bukan my home tapi teacher tu punya rumah) piano class for 6 mths (sbb teacher dia ada PMS huhu)...

and then there was "problems". The problems started when DD was 5 years old actually and it carries forwards. At first I was still able to do hadith memorization with her and DS but then it got worst when she was 6 years old and now, my effort came down to nearly zero. Nothing at all.

I was really focusing on my career and getting back on my feet. 

I did wrote here or was it in another blog, since we move here we have never been to any library either. Because it is just not convenient and I can't find it nearby. 


Until yesterday. 


Tak plan nak pergi library. Plan nak pergi wedding. The wedding was at Wisma Sejarah opposite IJN. Baru tau, situlah Istana Budaya and Perpustakaan Negara.


So I hope it will be a new beginning for us. I have to start buat schedule since now I have become very very forgetful.


DD. We pick up a very junior book for her. "Me and my monsters" series tak silap. A very simple english.  At first she said she could not understand. (I was disappointed) but then I think for a start, lets concentrate with pronunciation. and that works. What surprise me was.... she can read with right pronunciation 90% of the time. Which is so GOOD since we haven't been reading for years!!! (eh, I pernah buat reading chart of who read the most 2 years back tapi short lived sebab I sibuk..) I compliment her and I see that she is 3rd quarter into the book already. so that is the trick I guess. "good parenting skill in progress..."


But I need to make a note here. They were SUPER excited when they know we are going to the library. But when we got there, I was SUPER disappointed as they did not pick up any book. Instead they want to do the "hypermedia" activities... GRR...


Anyway, I register for myself dan pinjam buku for them. For 1 person, I can only borrow 3 books. (in Jurong East library 1 person 5 ke 6 buku entah. huhu...) 


DS. I pick up a chinese story book. Looks simple but no pinyin so it would be a practice for him. However, to get him warm up and excited, I did borrow chinese "comic book" for him. He did not want to put down the book when we were in cafeteria. GOOD! arghh the feeling is just so ... wonderful!


For Dylan. I am still trying to steal some time to read the Peter and Jane series with him. Last night we did some reading with his text book. Oklah at least I am doing something with him. Seram sebenarnya as he is already 6 years old. 


For the so many activities I am lacking behind, I am not going to focus on baby yet... bacakan dia buku sikit2 adalah. Tapi I was not going to make a schedule for her.


Note: After the mc stories, my hormone level is back to normal. Magic sangat!



2 comments:

  1. Try pergi Perpustakaan Raja Tun Uda di Shah Alam. It is 100x much better than the National Library. Try see it through the pics I found in this blog entry . http://cheriterazanyra.blogspot.com/2012/06/perpustakaan-raja-tun-uda-shah-alam.html

    MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks MA. I heard about it also. Tapi it would take satu "kuasa ajaib dan super power will and determination" nak drive ke sana... I guess I am still not a determined mum macam some people. vision ada, action....lemau.. still working on it though. pray I will find that super power will ya.

    ReplyDelete