Monday, February 18, 2013

Project: Cooking and Kids development

First. Project Cooking.

Over the past few days (of holidays) I cooked simple dishes and experiment them with my family and a fren (who came to give me home "post natal" massage. She works with Belaian Wellness Spa Seksyen 9, Bangi - near to Kagumas).

Here are my menu.

1st night.

Sambal sotong campur udang sedap (licin! I think the sambal tu yang buat dia sedap kot)
Kacang buncis ala "chan" with udang kering, tauhu and tempe sangat best (sold out!)

The next day, more kampung dishes.

Sambal tumis bilis (jawa style - it is white rather than red)
Telur hancur (my comfort food too so it is my mum's style)
Butter prawn with curry leave - walaupun tak jadi macam di kedai, maybe baunya ada so habis nasik seperiuk anak2 I makan...

2nd night was italian night.

Hawaiian pizza with a lot of mixed cheese, chicken mince meat, pineapple, mushroom, capsicum (sold out!)
Sambal bilis pizza (inspired from dominos sambal bilis pizza) (ni ada lebih, pedas kot)
Spaghetti Bolognese (sold out gak)
Dessert : bubur chacha (habis seperiuk you....)

Last night dinner wasn't that special.

Sausage with capsicum, cabbage and carrot - in my attempt to get the kids to makan sayur, i potong2 kecik sayur tu and let the sausage overwhelm it. It was my first time trying, so my kids tak biasa makan sausage with rice, so akhirnya cuma lauk yang sold out.

Tumis kobis with tempe and udang. - this is my comfort food with cili padi so obviously I yang bedal lah.

The dessert is something that I am VERY proud of. I have bought this instant BUTTER CAKE NONA for quite sometimes. Tapi I lupa i tak bawa mixer dari Singapore. So it was lying around it the cabinet for a month. 

Petang semalam, I tak tahan dah. I teringat I ada watch TV or read somewhere years back that I can actually use blender to pukul mentega dan telur. I dun have to have mixer. Of course, the other alternative is using my hand, tapi I masih belum kuat and my mental belum stabil lagi untuk ada kesabaran tu kan haha!

Pada sesiapa yang tak tahu, (macam I), let me share how to use blender to do this.

Masukkan telur (4 biji in my case) ke blender. Blend lah sampai putih. (In my case, kesabaran I tak berapa tinggi, so kuning keputihan jer)

lepas tu, I made a terrible mistake which is to put the butter (250g buttercup) in the blender mix with the eggs (due to tak sabar dan malas tunggu).It doesn't work even though I cuba kisarkan dia few times...

But it is still ok. (caution, you have to have your instinct and experience before the next decision...hehe)

Keluarkan semua butter yang dah termix dengan telur, put in a small periuk.

Heat it up, remember ada telur, so you really have to be very very careful. You just need to get all melted and quickly put back in the blender. Jangan panas sangat.


And after that, you blendlah sampai keputihan......... pour dalam bekas... Mix it sedikit demi sedikit with the instant flour. Mix it well until it blended well ya.

Lepas tu masukkan dalam bekas.


In my case, I tunggu dengan suspense sebab I tatau naik ke tidak kek i ni. The kids already gathered around the oven tak sabar, so that did not helplah kan sebab nanti mereka kecewa kalau tak jadi hehehehehe...


45mins, 175 degree celc later, "keting....!" haruslah naik kek i tu. Tapi you all tau kan, dun open the oven immediately, let the cake rest at least 10-15mins.

And the results, the smell is so good that everyone eat the cake first before the rice. ada yang tak makan nasi pun ada makan kek saja..... bapa dia pun excited gak hehe.....


Butter cake panas2 memang so refreshing dan sedappppp... The texture is still good for the next day. My baby ate it more than 3 slices just for today.


Next time, I will melt the butter first baru mix with eggs, also using blender. I will only get my mixer on my next trip to Singapore so meanwhile ni sajalah solutionnya hehe....


Second. Project Kids development.


I have started "Peter and Jane" 2b with Dylan. He now could recognize we, and, were, they, play, dog.


Dylan is a bit behind as compared to the sister and brother. At his age, kakak dia dah 6 ke 8a dah. Infact DD got first place in her reading class dulu @ Krista.


I read with DS as well. But have not got the time to read with DD. But I am happy I have started something with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment