Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Project: Birthday party for DS

Helloww!


and...Assalamualaikum WRM.
 
 
I have been missing for quite sometimes yeah? Let's catch up what I have been up to.
 
 
 
For the rest of last week - I or we have been worrying about my "pregnancy". After spending about RM1k, and a week of medical leave (but in between I popped-in to the office for a meeting (or two)), we lost the baby. Or should I say, we did not even see the baby, just the sack. We planned to have the D&C on that friday. However, due to some reason, we agreed with the doctor to just leave it be and delay the D&C. I hope we made the right decision.
 
 
That thursday. The doc still not sure about my condition. The bleeding da lain macam so my instinct told me I have lost it. I was a bit tired to "hope" so I just shake the news off. She said we will know by friday, the next day. After the appointment, I went straight to have a lunch meeting with the ex-GM who has joined other company just to catch up with her. Actually it is quite important to see her as something in the office has been bothering me and I just need her insight. She offered me a position in her new company but since my health is not stable, we just leave it be. I did not tell her the details of the "health problem". It was a good meeting anyway. I know I can always talk to her.
 
 
The friday of the D day. We know at least what to do next..
 
 
The Saturday. hubby and DS went to pick up my "10th year old 'step' cousin" for a boys sleep over. DS and him got along very well. Actually he is DD's age tapi rapat plak dengan DS.  The plan is he will stay at our place till tuesday morning.
 
 
The Sunday which is The Chinese New Year was the birthday party. Let me tell you how this being planned. It is not me who planned it by the way. The father and the son was planning it. I mean "suggesting" it and I am the last person to know (read, left to handle it all). His auntie from Singapore came all the way to celebrate his birthday. So terpaksalah I tempah kek and makanan. Nasib I tak payah keluar duit, kalau tak lagi I bengang. hehe.
 

I was a bit stressed sebab one by one ada jer guest yang cancelled. Yelah, long holiday masing2 pergi bercuti. The last minute change after their confirmation tu yang buat I stressed. Agaknya melayu adatlah gitu kot kan termasuk aku lah kot ada perangai gitu.... So akhirnya, I leave it to Allah. Jangan tak ada orang langsung yang datang sudahlah kan....
 
 
The Singapore guest came 1 hour earlier than we expected - the lunch not yet came at that time. Aku lagi sekali stress. Akhirnya aku terfikir nak preparekan finger food. Mulanya aku memang plan, tapi sebab aku ni kan ker baru "miscarriage" I thought I will be excused from cooking. But I forgotten I didn't broadcast this news kan so sapa jer lah tau kan hahahaha..... Believe it or not, aku yang dulu sangat cekap, boleh blur... Siblah blur skejap je. Alhamdulillah.


Owh btw, I just want to demonstrate since the renovation project, aku senang stress jer sekarang. Maybe coz I was pregnant?  Maybe just too much of events to handle etc..
 
 
The party is considered successful. About 20 people came. My uncle commented about the house "berapa ko spend buat ni semua?" "xxk?" "Tu yang ko lepas tu tak ada duit beli sofa bagai?" haha!
 
 
Cute kan?
 
 
Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. Sebab it is not a problem as at now. The house is functional for us and the kids, that is all that matters.
 
 
Just for everyone's info, there will be no phase 2 project until April 2013 at least.
 
 
We are also into project: Umrah Feb-Mar 2014. This time we planned for a DIY umrah with family.
 
 
Project backyard. I am still undecisive how to plan for this project. I hate to do small project and prolong it coz I am not having the discipline to keep up. I hate to hurt the rumput juga. So as at now, I am just going to look at it without having any feeling to improve it. hehe.
 
 
Sorry no picture. Sepanjang-panjang nak organize birthday party tu, aku sangat nervous, takut orang tak datang. takut makanan tak datang, takut makanan tak cukup, lebih, tak sedap etc etc etc.
 
 
I was so focusing on how to make everyone enjoyed the party and to ensure everything is in order. The guest ada tempat duduk, tempat solat, etc etc. It was quite a nerve wrecking situation so taking photo was the last thing on my mind. It was soooo stressful.
 
 
Monday, the Singapore guest "check out" (as my nephew put it). I think only on today, my husband realized how he loves my cooking. hehehehehee... sebab? We planned to go for a lunch tapi tempat tu tutup, my husband cakap "bagus gak, boleh abah makan ulang lagi nasik goreng ibu.." hehehehehehe... I told you, just give me nice kitchen, I can cook! For years tak dengar komen gitu ok.
 
 
Tuesday. We sent our last guest (my 'step' cousin) home and took the opportunity to window shop at 1Utama. That window shop ends up with RM1.6k investment. Grrr!
 
 
We have been hunting for a good dictionary for DS mandarin "tatabahasa" dan "buat ayat", tapi tak dapat. Adalah dalam 4 kedai buku kitorang pegi... Someone suggested online dictionary. I remember a year back I read in redmummy.com dia belikan anak dia BESTA dictionary. I remember it was expensive. It is indeed expensive.
 
 
Sebab malas nak fikir and to end our misery (as in tengok banyak sangat pangkah dalam buku DS), we all beli jer lah. Lepas tu, ada plak PWP, spend RM100 boleh dapat beli vision 3.5l 129 jer dari 269. So I was pleading my hubby to let me take this opportunity to buy. So that is how we end up with spending some $$$$$$$$...  in just a day.
 
 
Told DS, that amount cd buy me an awning, so he better study well!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment