Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Project Cooking : Lasagna

During my sick leave, I am doing nothing.

The only thing I am motivated to do is cooking.

So for today's dinner, I am experimenting with... Lasagna.

I bought the lasagna "sheet" not sure what do people call it. I am an amateur so please forgive me.

The box said "oven ready in 25 mins".

I was contemplating on what to do with it, should I boil, or should I just put in the oven, it was hard, like a spaghetti. The box did not put instruction to "boil" it.

I was so lazy to google. Logic said I have to boil it. So I did. 

Again, I wasn't sure if I were to boil it, should I put all 4 sheets together in the pan?

So I tested 1 sheet first. Then, I lost my patience, I boiled 3 sheets together. The experiment resulted in my decision to boil 1 by 1 as it stick to each other if I put all. (please dun laugh at me as this is my first time ever doing lasagna).


And the sauce is the leftover bolognese that I have frozen it.


I am not sure what to do with the base. I took the picture of lasagna from the box as my reference. However, I grease the bottom with margerine. I am not sure why haha.. So it will be easy to take off? hehehehe....


So lay 1 piece, put the cheese all over. I am using mozarella cheese. then the sauce. then lay 1 more and repeat..


for the top piece, it doesn't make sense to me to put sauce, so I kind of do it as a cover. then put maximum cheese to cover it.


Heat the oven for 5 mins. I use 175 degree cel ( i think so far this temp works for me), and 25 mins as per recommended by the box.


And the results of my first experiment?


My daughter who decline "rice and fish ball soup" dinner - (I made this dinner for the sick children. Two of them are having athma attack and a bit runny nose). she want second serving after the first try.


Then the 2 younger ones who already have rice dinner requested for a plate each and second serving for each of them. The lasagna actually for my husband's dinner. Their dinner should have been the fish ball soup.


By the time my husband came back home, the lasagna was half left. I hope it will be enough for him. I smsed him I still have rice with some simple dishes if that wasn't enough. I was upstairs and lazy to go down. hehe...


(ok i am sick so please mind me)...


My husband said it was so good. The dessert also good. I made one more time the bubur chacha. I asked him, so how do you think my cooking skill has been improving?


He said, yes 10 over 10 now.


Hehe... And I replied, you did not say that because you do not want any problem with me right? hehehehehe....


Btw. Adam and Hawa is now in RIA channel. 2nd episode now.. wee more things to watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment