Wednesday, January 9, 2013

House Projects : Next Potential Projects

The house is currently in a mess. 

We are still living out of box. 

Banyak sangat nak run errands sampai tak boleh duduk dan mengemas boxes yang ada... ie. last saturday we went to Singapore to check out the new tenants and to sign the tenancy agreement then same day balik, reach Pajam at 1am, then wake up early the next day to go to our rented place in Puchong to finish off the exterior painting, went back to Pajam to meet up with contractors and then went back to Puchong for the house handover.


We just need to do that "back and forth" travelling so we could finish all the "errands and chores" as soon as possible and to suit the contractors time/house agent time. I hate to re-schedule or postpone it so memang "suffer" to complete the whole "chores". 


By sunday baru all the hacking and plastering work done. So officially barulah all the "dust" issues resolved. Itupun selepas I give up and told them the "painting" I will do it myself. Stress sebab tengahari sunday tu juga my parents akan datang with my children, so a bit kelam kabut to finish up the place so it will be comfortable for them. 


2nd Jan was the school reopen day. So basically this project had driven me insane. We are racing against time and we had to do the hard labor ourselves as we could not find cleaners on time (dec was their busiest month) and we need it to be done fast......

Here the first picture... 

This is our pantry cum laundry area. The handle is not yet installed - they could not get the order on time due to "Dec - the busy month". Banyak juga drama sebelum jadik gini.. 

Ie. The wall tiles - was a last minute decision. I bought some cheap tiles and change my mind againts using them when the indonesian worker "cemuh" my bad taste. I could not get mosaic tiles on time as it needs 2-3 weeks order. So at the end, I used the same tiles as in the kitchen. 

The washer was installed wrongly - it shook pretty badly and made an aeroplane sound. So we were "washer-less" for few days....

The design need to be changed due to technical "plumbing job" - so the sink was moved to the right side so it would be more practical.

Kira memang berdegup degap gaklah jantung buat project rumah ni.  Macam nak pengsan!


Below is the inspiration.. so how was the results? Is it according to my imagination? I would say yes.
But I was unable to enjoy it yet. I betul phobia nak guna washer and dryer ni sampailah sekarang...Haven't got time to read the manual. geez. crazy and over madness.



Next Potential Project:

1. Hiding the electrical box in living room - we have 2 electrical box. We managed to hide it for the upstairs one but left out this project in the living room due to no budget left :)
2. Living and dining room curtains
3. Living and dining room lightings


Here are links for some fantastic ideas for no 1..

http://aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.com/search?q=hide+a+gas+meter&x=0&y=0

http://aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.com/2009/08/hiding-electrical-panel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment