Wednesday, October 17, 2012

House Project : Letters from developer

As at now we have received about 4 letters. And we are on our second disbursement from the bank loan. As happy we are to get the keys, we are not that excited to pay to the bank. heeee! :P

 Anyway. This will be our first house in Malaysia. Our very first marital house is the Singapore one. A HDB 4 room flat type NG. We bought that house for SGD206k. That was back in 1998. During my engagement to my then fiance, he booked a brand new flat. But due to the long wait, we cancelled the booking and bought the 2nd hand house instead. I remembered we aimed for a 5A room flat and very fussy about our selection. Sampai agent tu nak muntah layanlah. Tiap2 minggu asyik tak close deal, viewing dah berpuluh2 rumah.


And my hubby's house criterias lagi susah.. Nak kena dekat dengan mosque and that was a very challenging one. Not all 2nd house flat yang dekat dengan mosque in a good condition. Until months later, my parents came to Singapore and we brought them along for house viewing.


For some reason, my father made a comment about that house that makes us decides this could be the house. I like that the living room is unblocked with no possibilities of blocking in the future, and the kitchen is also not blocking as in very far away from the other house. So that is what made us decided it was the one!


The renovation of the house was a process full of disaster. We took such a long time to decide either. Both of us have different ideas. At the end, when my MIL came to visit, her comment was "satu singapore satu malaysia" haha! I was working at science park and our place is in Jurong East so every lunch time, I will surely came to visit the progress..



It was not a wonderful experience dealing with the contractor but it has became one of the sweetest memory now. Our first house... aahh!


Now the house is rented to Vietnamese students.


 Anyway, yesterday I found another developer's letter in our mailbox. It said to pay for the quit rent, water and electricity deposit and the likes. Amount is about MYR700. I expected MYR1k so that was nice. Below our budget. Will settle this by this weekend I hope if I am not that busy. I need to see the manager. There are a lot of mistakes we done, even after doing research about buying house in Malaysia. This is one of our mistakes.


Let's end this entry with this picture...It's the show house of our unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment