Wednesday, October 17, 2012

House Project : Lightings

It's not easy to find lightings that fit my goals. It must be practical and wowable (in my own definition). My hunt for the wall lighting hasn't been good so far. I realized I have good high taste but unfortunately it did not come with "good coordinated design taste" and "sufficient fund".... so that's the problem.

The bathroom lightings should not be just squarish or round shape. You can get more creative. So homework need to be done prior to my visit to the lighting shops. May I won't repeat my mistake ever again...

 Another lessons learnt - if you are not sure, take a picture of the lights and then see if it turns out good on your camera. There you go... if it turns out "plain" , you can strike them off from the thoughts.

 Initially, my mission is to get a simple and modern light such as the above. Even this is hard to find. The nyonya in YET lighting shop told her colleague that I am not very easy to entertain. "orang lain mau design, dia mahu simple, manyak susah"

 This one looks modern and chic. Am I right?

 loving this one as well. If the shop has this and under MYR200, I would buy it right away.

 Dun love this much. But oklah if I have no choice but this I would take it as an alternative.

 
The other problem is, I want a modern concept but everytime I went to the lighting shop, they will show me the antique lights. And to convince me they would say "banyak orang beli ini macam".

Well... why would my lightings be the same as others? They should think of more creative sales pitch like "this design will always fit your modern concept home..." I would be more convinced with my decision then. It will increase 50% more of the chances that I will purchase it.

However, after repetitive pesanan penaja dari salesman, I am having a second thought about antique lights. This after I saw Kourtney Kardashian's house. She is having a normal antique lights at her main entrance. Not so bad actually.

I am glad I still have time to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment