Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The house project: Curtain

Remember about the phases of curtain projects? (please do refer label - curtain)

Recap.


So phase 1 : RM5578
Phase 2 : RM4122


Phase 1 we are done. I love it. Quality is ok. I have no complaint. We did it with City Curtain, Puchong branch. Now phase 2 will start soon.

Phase 2 is all the curtains in the living and dining room - right now we have bare window! The day curtain/sheer curtain will also be included this time around insyaAllah. And I am just so excited to add string curtains so it could serve as divider between our dining and pantry.

I have 1 more string curtain for the surau so I hope it will look good!

At first I planned to do it with City Curtain however, fate took it turns. We forgotten to take our bag from the Perpustakaan Negara's cafe, so we have to turn back - all the wayyyyy to KL and by the time we reach back to MEX highway, it was already late.

So I made an executive decision that we should just try shops at Nilai. Not Nilai 3 but Nilai. Bandar Nilai? whatever lah. It is opposite the dataran Nilai.


I have been to Indah Curtain before, this time, I trust my instinct, and try this shop. Why? Because they hang many many display  with eyelet design so it is easy for me to imagine what it will look like.


Since my ceiling is so high. or rather I choose to hang curtain up to the ceiling (we do not have to but it will create a nice high impact) I have little choice to choose from. I need kain yang bidang 60 bukan 110 bukan 120. whatever that means. malas nak paham.


Kenapa? oh ada yang dah tau. Kalau nak boleh jer tapi I tak berapa suka nampak sambung walau  pun dia try to convince me sambung tak nampak sangat, sambung design lain etc etc.


So we will see. The best part, they could complete it by next wednesday. so soon that it makes me nervous.


I am depending on what they say about their reputation "kak itu rumah bungalow pun kita pasang tak pernah complain you tak payah risau".. yeah right.


I told them "sometimes you boleh buat banyak curtain, tapi it will depend on nasib juga. mesti ada satu yang bad. I do not want to be in your bad statistic"....tapi bukan ker kita kena positive. Positive vibe will attract positive consequences. dalam islam, always bersangka baik dengan Allah. Allah akan beri yang baik2 saja pada kita.


Aku rasa bukan aku tak percaya or being negative, I am just being careful. Infact, I do not want them to be over confident so I pre-empt them not to so they will inject "carefullness" in my project.


The damage? 5,725. It is 1,603 more than City Curtain's quotation.


But to be fair, I added sheer curtain for my master room and some other extras like roman blind curtain in my walk in wardrobe. It is not apple to apple comparison.


So I asked them to round it up to 5,500. And it's done deal.


Giler mahal curtain kan. Lepas ni boleh belajar jahit curtain so lepas retirement boleh jadik ceo curtain ajerrrrlaaaaahhhh....


My concept? I am into monochrome or one tone color right now so if you are looking into something fancy or flowery- you will not find it here.


I am thinking about putting up colorful accessories later that could brighten up the room.


Here are some of the inspirations.



 It will be dull like this. I am not sure why I'm loving it, but I love it.
I was actually trying to imitate this concept in my bedroom but because right now there is no furniture, it just did not happen as I hope.


 Maybe my living room will look like this. We shall see.



I put this picture because I am planning to put another layer as colorful as this one to the white wooden blind in the babies room. Aghh, so excited!



Another investment that already confirm is the windows "tinting" - 2k.


And the rest of the furniture - 13k.


Just pray I will not burst any budget! You would say women always burst their budget kan...? haha!





















1 comment:

  1. Hi Hanis, just wondering how your curtains turned out..the ones you got from Indah Curtain in Bandar Nilai. I urgently need to source for curtains for my whole house in Nilai. Help! Lol

    ReplyDelete