Thursday, March 14, 2013

The office talk, Merlin and PR application

Lately I have been writing about work and office.

I wonder why. Maybe I do not have anyone else in the office that can offer me wisdom so I resolved in writing about it in the blog.

Anyone of you watched Merlin?

We are still at season 3, I heard that it is at season 5 somewhere else.

My colleagues asked me why I watched a magic, witch, warlock show?

I told them, aahh do not watch Merlin because of all that. I watched Merlin to learn. To learn from the story on how he resolve his problems and ultimately save the kingdom. (note kingdom aka my organization :P)

His magic is a gift and extra bonus, surely we can replace that with "Doa and berharap pada Allah.."

The wisdom ie. He knows about Lady Morgana but he just could not tell Arthur about it. why? Think deep.

He solved problems discreetly and didn't take any credit (mostly). So that was what I like about Merlin. Some sort of therapy for me.

There is this 1 manager who is capable technically and was given such an important tasks in the company, however, he is bad in discipline and tardiness. He was also do things selectively to earn credit which means, he will only do things for the "higher authority" so when feedback came back that certain things are delayed, the higher authority said he wasn't like that with me. So how do you tell the management this? He is very cunning in a waylah....Like he will tell he is on medical leave, but he has never submitted any medical certificate. So basically missing in action. The higher authority of course only check the recorded ones, unless of course someone tell him about his missing in action. But who dares?

I do not dare because it is complicated. I do not want to be seen as "backstabbing" a colleague. Sometimes, I found it petty to tell the higher authority on this. Oh hr? My ex boss did not reported it because of theclose relationship between this guy and HR. Heh but anyway, that is his badlah. you need to report it nevertheless. So this delicate matters which is very destructive to him need to be handled with care. Strategically and as delicate as possible as the impact is great to the organization if he continues with this attitude.

So sad kan? We have lack of talent, and when we have 1, we are faced with another challenge. Hmm..

My PR application.

I did go to Singapore after my last entry. Bertolak pukul 930am and reached there around 1pm. It was just nice for our appointment that we set the day before.

Surprisingly, the only penalty is the reinstatement fee which is sgd50. I applied using my professional/job previously and now that I do not work there, I have to use "marriage cert" to a Singaporean to renew it. We were late about 5 days before the expiry dates.

Within 30 mins it is all done. Wow! Such an excellent service.

Then we went to CPF, since both of us not working in Singapore anymore, no contribution coming to our fund. Therefore, we could not use it to pay the mthly installment for our singapore house.

We got to know that we have certain limits to use our cpf fund as well (baru tau!!) since we bought the house in the open market. So like it or not, we have to use cash to pay at one point of time. We decided that since our financial a bit not stable and we need cash (rumah baru masuk banyak pakai cash) we will use cpf balance to pay for the next 12 mths.

Then we will continue with cash...








No comments:

Post a Comment