Monday, March 25, 2013

"Working with emotional intelligence" review part 1

I am sorry if the blog is getting heavier and heavier in the topics.

I know. Less fun now.

But I promised you I will quote real life example so we all can learn together. I know nothing about emotional intelligence (EI). Do you?
 

I am still at page 36 on day 2 (if you want to consider that is readinglah). I did not get the grasp of what is the core discussion nor that I know how to get the fast impact in dealing with EI. This chapter described what is EI and why do we need it basically. In short, you can be a brainer but if you are lack of EI, doesn't guarantee you success in life. Likewise, you can be an average performer in school or college but reasons for your success is how you manage the EI.


It gets interesting after I read page 99 under chapter title "self control".. (note that I starting to peek on short cut tips and interesting story to learn from hehehhehe") basically you can sum it up as this. "when work is hell, find a relaxation technique that works for you. It may sound worst at first but if you calm enough the fate may going to turn around to your side. Lesson learnt - do not panic unnecessarily. :)


That was so good. I will cite an example why I think the above is so true.
 

It happened recently. During the time we moved. I did not know I was pregnant.


My emotion is unstable.



In between my medical leave, bila pegi office dengar2 juga bizarre news and assumptions. I was like "what is going on?""What are they actually planning behind my back". If something going to happen, I want to know right? Would you not?

 
 
Paling tak syok ialah bila ada sekumpulan orang trying to recommend something without informing you. That was terrible kan. How can I accept? especially when you know there is integrity issue involved. I am so against it.


So I was a bit upset during my medical leave. At one point I was thinking my career was just going to be over.


Weeks after that incident, so many other things happening. I choose not to be agressive on certain things,Alhamdulillah like the above story, fate took another turn and I was kind of relief. Peace is back!


Allah knows. banyakkan mengadu pada Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment