Wednesday, December 12, 2012

House Project: Chaotic

Semalam...
 
Aku telah di kejutkan dengan satu panggilan talifon. Kata Mr H:
 
"Our plumber can't make it this friday for the appointment. Also, if you want to "siap" all on the 26th Dec, we can't. We will return the money to you and you can find other contractor.."
 
Eh? tetiba.....
 
 
Angin seluruh badan?
 
 
Tak juga. I am ready to fight to get my compensation. Tu saja yang aku fikir. Ada lagi ayat2 dia yang sangat improper.. Contoh "You banked in without our knowledge"..
 
 
Eh? Bukan dia suruh bank in 50% so they can order the material?
 
 
I told him off, I have wasted 2 weeks discussing this with you. I do not have an alternative contractor. I should get some compensation for the delay of my project. Mr H said "but we do not have agreement, you cannot get compensation..."
 
 
And then I smsed the designer. "..bla .. bla ... bla.... I have paid RM500 with your official receipt for the booking fees. Later then I transferred RM15k...So I need to get compensation for my loss of time.." (Booking fees is considered as an intent, the receipt is an acknowledgement, isn't that a contract?). The rest of arguement I can just feed them later....
 
 
Barulah Mr Hong called me and his tone is much more better than the earlier ones. At this point, I have changed my mind totally about them. I should just be selfish next time.
 
 
So I am going to get an alternative contractor, alternative vendors for the rest of the project. Some hearts are going to be ached. Tell me that I am cunning, but I have my family to protect. I need to ensure we moved "comfortably" by 28th Dec. I need to get everything organized. After all, any impact, will impact my wallet, I do not care anymore about anyone else. If Mr H could say those things including "we do not have contract.. (so they can just back off from the project) after hours of discussion, I do not know what is "courtesy" anymore. So teach me to spell it right because it is no longer in my dictionary.
 
 
Same goes to the lorry driver - he quoted RM500 from Puchong to Pajam (3 tan). Since another blogger had a good experience with him, I thought that was a good price , kata orang "sap sap sui lahhh" or lebih kurang sudah.... But when he said "akak tambah jer saya sikit untuk dispose barang akak..." I told him nicely " you need to tell me exactly how much coz I have a budget for everything".
 
 
Unstructured plan and budget will cause misunderstanding later. Which I need to avoid. I am thinking about cancelling my booking with him. Another thing that bothers me. I asked him where would he dispose the unwanted bulky things, he said "akak tok sah risau, saya tahu"... I mean I need to know where he disposed them coz I will be equally responsible. I need to know if the place is a proper place for a disposal. Telling me that macam... he doesn't know and never did this? So I have doubts about this. I am not a "go green" kind of person, but I am concerned enough.
 
 
Allah beri aku idea to google more. I found another blogger whose husband is doing this. He quoted me RM450 (5 tan) and extra RM75 for disposal. What I liked about him, when I said where would you dispose? He asked me back, are the things in good condition? (Never in my million years that I thought people will dispose items that are expensive and still in good condition...but when I read his wife's blog, wow! kayanya setengah rakyat Malaysia..) So when I said, the almari has broken door, some with broken drawers, he agreed to dispose it (kalau tak selalunya dia akan sedekahkan kat pondok Tahfiz). And he told me the name of a place to dispose them without pausing. So he has done this before.


All projects memang ada problems. Tapi semua pun mesti ada resolutionnya, InsyaAllah.

Dan aku belajar sepanjang project ni:
1. Do not rush into making decisions
2. Buat homework... search for information before making decisions, it will save you time tremendously...
3. Trust your instinct
4. Be selfish (not menonong selfish sampai ko jadi inconsiderate citizen) but be selfish when the situation needs you
5. Other bloggers' experience may not be the same with you so ...again, do your homework, trust your instinct and have a fall back plan.






No comments:

Post a Comment