Thursday, December 6, 2012

House Project : Curtain quotations

All pictures credit to the owner. I cuma ingat last pic is by mamatiamia.blogspot.com.
 
But thank you all for the inspiration.
 
I love to see all these pictures to get inspiration. To start my day. Kalau asyik ingat problems you will be tangled by it. Let's just think about beautiful things nanti mesti mudah......
 
 
 I am asking my contractor to do that kind of mirror. She has not replied yet.

 Love the mirror that way too... Remember the IKEA mirror? It can work right.


Remember this pic. NO BLIND or CURTAIN. So it could work kan? hehe...except that they have frames on the window that complete the minimalist look.

 Not bad kan.. Maybe I can find a RM5 per meter to get this effect.

I need this picture coz I love the design of the light.


Anyway....


Susah jadi project manager. (in a way..)


Susahnya sebab kena merealisasikan goal dan impian sendiri dan orang lain...Outcome kena bagus (walaupun cost seco'et). cost kena maintain. schedule pun kena maintain.


Malam tadi, I managed to cut down the curtain cost from RM13,910 to RM9,700.  But the cost still does not make any sense to me. Who paid RM10k for curtains? Is it because my windows are bigger and a lot more? (culture shock dapat rumah besar?).


When I go through each items, it wasn't that bad. Contohnya:


Kitchen - Rm265
Family room - RM 550 (sliding door with 10 feet)
My daughter's room - RM373 (sliding door with 10 feet)
Guest room - RM640 (sliding door with 10 feet)
Maid's room - RM248

Dan sebagainya...


The cheapest is RM16 per meter while the most expensive is RM26. That wasn't that bad for me. Coz merata2 I tengok blog orang ni, paling mahal RM70plus dan paling murah RM50 (melompat2 mereka dengan price ni sebab katanya original price was RM70-90). Or maybe I went to the wrong blog hehehehehehe....


But anyway, I went to Jakel Shah Alam - it was also that RM70 range if not RM100ish while Nilai RM20ish range. So I thought the pricing with this shop wasn't that bad. Shop ni tak ada upah jahit or upah pasang...


Maybe I should get langsir with RM5 per meter. But how long would it last?


My first curtain and blinds for my first house in Singapore was about RM1600. 3 tingkap with blinds, 1 main tingkap with full heights curtain. That was... 10years back lah huhuhu.... Tapi I ingat sebab I was very excited for the first house ever. Mengeluarkan peluh dan tenaga macam sekarang ni lah..


Anyway.... to resolve this problem. I was thinking to do this in phase (inspired by mama-aliaa)... Dia pun tak tau I was inspired by her ekekkeke....


So phase 1 : RM5578
Phase 2 : RM4122


God knows when I would do this phase 2. I was thinking phase 2 would be by monthly order... Betul determine tak nak hutang lol. Kad kredit will not solve your problems. It is A PROBLEM by its own. Shoooh! stay away from it. To me, nanti happy2 berlangsir bagai, every month you suffer with household expenses... I lebih rela tak berlangsir....Tapi berdoa semoga di permudahkan.


Kenapa langsir tu penting? ekekekeke... Ok supaya orang luar taklah nampak kita kat dalam ni especially kalau tak tutup aurat. Juga untuk keselamatan. Dahlah tak pasang grill.. huhuhuhu...


I am prepared to use black color paper to tampal mana2 tingkap yang phase 2 tu. hahahahaha......







4 comments:

  1. Salam Hanis,

    You dah dapat kunci rumah ke? We went to Pajam and stopby at SPD office yesterday, rupa2nya diorg dah release the house keys since end of Nov lagi, but by stages lar.. ours would be early Jan, based frm the schedule. ada few houses yg dh start renovations, so most prob they are frm the first few batches kot.

    jst sharing wth u, sbb u nak masuk rumah awal kan. mayb u can hv a talk wth their manager kot, utk dpt kunci awal.

    btw I am your silent reader, found your blog thru husna's. nice blog & love reading your entries on house reno etc :)

    -wan-
    (Future neighbour)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Wan,

    InsyaAllah by 14th dec. We can't fight any earlier date than that as they give priority to those who book earlier. yelah, kami pun paham that if they late in the handover, derang akan payable to the penalty. and since their schedule is only 2 owner per day kitorang pun okkan jelah. Nanti kalau rush, susah kan. But I appreciate that they open the house so our contractor can start do the measuring.

    I am not sure about your house, but the false ceiling design at our house is not done in..."proper manner". I am sure we can live with it, Alhamdulillah, however, we realized it was not balance in a way. To add to that, our electrician guy said they would have a slight problem in fixing the lights or fans. To me, it is the cost of "investment" tu lah. Other than that, air tak naik for our house so they are fixing it. Love the proactiveness but problems still problems. Masalah kebocoran di ceiling ada 2 spot so far, but I trust they will be fixing those before we come in. I do not see other big problems so far. Hopefully nothing :) insyaAllah.

    When are you going to move?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Errr... Not in the near future. Maybe in 2 (or more) years' time kot!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so long to go... or to wait hehehee...

    ReplyDelete