Tuesday, December 4, 2012

House Projects : Anxiety Attack Part 2

Appointment malam ni cancelled. So I am a bit free. I need the free time just to think and.... re-strategize.

(Reflecting...)

Sorrylah blog ni bakal mengecewakan anda kalian. The house will not be like what you see in the magazine, that is one thing for sure. This is not what this blog is about. Definitely not a designer blog. I have no talent whatsoever in designing. I only have dreams and I am trying to execute some of the dreams with the budget I have. With the time I have.


This blog is about embarking into many of my "delayed" projects. I need to blog the journey so I can record either the project would be a success or a failure. Whether it would be as per my dream or the opposite. I need to see and reflect how I handle it as well.

(Of trying to accept the fact..)

A few months ago, I was searching for ideas for the new house. I found a couple of ideas that I love. Some ada yang I guling2 nak juga walaupun I tahu susah nak dapat. Some I have to make peace with myself to let go of the dream..... Yes, I just realized how true this nasihat to me "you really can't get everything that you want"...


Kalau I kaya pun, mestilah my dream nanti up sket... macam granite top for the kitchen. Right now I do not have that urge, Alhamdulillah. I did want a corian top but I have buried that "wish" long time ago.....Samalah macam I taklah melompat2 nak drive BMW or Merc. Tapi I memang suka Volvo XC90. Pun tak adalah I make it a mission to get one. I am pretty satisfied with the Nissan now. Walaupun technically kereta pinjam.


In short, walaupun I ni Donald Trump, mestilah ada yang I tak boleh nak dapat dan dan tu gak... So sabarlah. Lagipun tak syiok kan kalau masuk rumah, semua dah ada.. dah tak ada apa nak improve. Even company aku yang nak buat systems enhancement tu pun buat in phases. Inikan lagi project kecik2 cam aku ni kan ekekekekeke...dan tak ada profit plak tu kan hehe.


(Lagi ayat2 nak tenangkan fikiran, dan accept the fact I CAN'T GET everything.....)

Bayangkan in a company, each Head of Department(HOD) kena buat budget plan. Bila lebih jer dari company punya kemampuan, HOD kena review the budget plan sampai boleh meet. Dah meet, dah dapat budget, kena pulak monitor jangan over budget.


Samalah juga dengan my house project. Bezanya, I can't argue with finance department since I am the project manager, finance HOD as well as CEO. So sebenarnya lagi susah. Diri sendiri nakkkk, tapi tak sanggup nak let go other items. So ko nak argue ngan sapa kan... ko nak hentak meja nak walk out from meeting dengan sapa kan? Haha! ops, tu contoh jer la... mana ada orang hentak meja kat opis kan? 

So last-last kena cakap kat blog, layan perasaan, debate dengan diri sendiri (takut kang debate ngan husband dia risau. ataupun lagi tak dapat ehehehehe) so telannn jer lah sendiri. I promised my hubby, just leave it to me. Yang penting all the needs will be addressed. The current problems will be resolved especially on sleeping issues, cooking issues, storage issues and laundry issues. Those are the critical issues in our lives.


Even though he leave it to me on managing the project selepas we agreed on the budget,  dia tetap actively involve in choosing the material, design etc. To me, this is fair. Let me worry about equipping the house with "the needs" dengan the budget both of us agreed together. That's my strength. While he focuses on the "business as usual" operations. kalau dedua in the same project susah la kan. Cukuplah I report once in a while.

(Finally...)

I just need to keep to the budget, get the problems resolved, and to ensure my projects won't affect the business operations, (belanja rumah in the future, permanent bills ie water, electricity, astro etc) so all of us will be ok.


(My confession)

From 40k out of budget, now I am a 10k out of budget.


Tonight I was worrying about how to keep to the budget when we need a lot of things. Like, though we will have a laundry section with new washer and dryer, but I need to keep the old washing machine somewhere. Takkan nak buang. Nak letak luar, kang kena hujan. sayang la plak. Nak bawak balik kampung, nak letak mana la plak kan. Rumah besar tapi macam tak sesuai nak letak menda ni kat mana. I was thinking about toilet or store. but other things like ....erm, nevermind.


So kena la plak buat awning and plumbing work for the washer kalau nak letak kat backyard. Grrr! We might need this extra washing machine since our laundry is like a pile of mountains. I am just having difficulties to resolve this right now (it is not as if this problem is as critical as the children who needs medical attention in Palestine ke apa. but I still need to resolvelah kan - thinking aloud is in progress!)


Also, we need the wiring to be done now and not later. Ie. if i were to do the cabinet, the original plug point will be hidden in the cabinet which will not make sense. So we need to relocate it. Ah Choong ni macam tak faham english or malay. So I am still actively searching (desperately) for a good wiring man...


Curtain. We opt for curtain coz we will not be doing the grill. But the quotation came back to us with a whopping RM13k! Who did curtain that expensive anyway? *pengsan*


Btw, all materials are RM28 per meter. So I have set an appointment with Jack to review this pricing. How do you cut this amount to 50%? I need to crush Jack's hope on getting 13k from me. How do you do that? Haha!



Ok that's about all. Let me watch Keeping up with Kardashian to let some steam off.....

















No comments:

Post a Comment